Lets talk about clearing out clutter in our spaces. It really does the mind well when we allow ourselves to get rid of what we no longer need. It sounds like an easy task to do, but it can be so difficult to figure out what is needed and what is not. Then, there is deciding what to keep for memories and if your anything like me that can become a whole process itself. Over time, we all naturally collect items and going in and sorting can really make a difference. It creates a sense of a fresh environment, which makes us feel better in daily life. This post is to help you realize that letting go of some items can clear your mind and make room for new things that can bring happiness.
Where to start
- Clothes! Of course, the closet is a big task for some. Start with the pieces that do not fit and are just taking up space. I find it is okay to keep some pieces that remind me of a certain time and place that I wore it. Anything that brings a good feeling and memory I keep. This as fine if we are successfully getting rid of the items that do not bring that feeling.
- Makeup. Every so often going through the makeup area and getting rid of items that have expired is a great idea. Many times, products are just being tossed around when they are no longer good or being used even. Then there are the broken items that have seen better days. Getting these products out can make a big difference.
- Paper. Whether it is mail or coupons we say we are going to use. We end up with all these papers that were once important to keep and going through them and throwing out or shedding the ones that no longer serve purpose is a great de clutter.
- Spices and seasonings. They go old and need to be tossed out without us even realizing it! Always good to go through these every once and a while make sure that they are not rock hard and expired.
- Socks. I am a sucker for fun socks with patterns, but I like limited them down because I always lose the matches somehow. So, go through you sock drawer and get rid of the old socks. Replacing the, with new socks all the same color so that you do not have that problem with matches. While at the same time getting rid of the old ones.