For many of us it can be difficult to get a good night’s rest. Whether it is stress keeping you awake, or your mind just will not quit. It can be extremely frustrating. Some people can’t fall asleep, some can’t STAY asleep. It is a battle that really can affect the next days mood and outcome entirely. Here are some useful tips to incorporate into your bedtime routine that may help.
- Keeping your bedroom at a cooler temperature. This allows you to get cozy under the blankets and no risks of feeling too hot. When we are too hot this interrupts sleep waking us up feeling uncomfortable. Making it hard to get back to sleep.
- Set a time frame for yourself to go to bed regularly. This allows your body to adjust to that schedule and it may become easier to fall asleep. Keeping that goal time in your mind will help sleep patterns overall if you have insomnia.
- Try sleepy time tea. There are many kinds and flavors. I am a big fan of this tip. Drinking a cup of hot tea before bed to help unwind. The ingredients in this tea have that calming effect that help the mind come to ease before bed.
- Having a fan on. The noise is helpful in drowning out any distractions or overwhelming thoughts at night. Also having the cool air blowing around the room is refreshing and helps deepen sleep.
- Essential oils scents can be calming and bring extra comfort when needed. Try rubbing some oil on the temple, forehead or feet at night. Even adding few drops on your pillow can even help you to fall asleep faster.
- Try black out curtains in your bedroom. This helps with the sunlight for light sleepers and you will find yourself falling into a deeper sleep.